Monday, August 10, 2020

Mask Shield With Removable Plastic

 


Hello! Hello!

So, I have loved wearing my mask shields.  OK, honestly, I would rather not have to wear anything on my face- make up included; however, these are so much better than masks or shields.  That being said, I wore one out.  I think it is the one in the post for the original tutorial ;).  

Anyway, I didn't want to have to get rid of my mask shields just because the plastic became really worn.  So, I decided to NOT sew the plastic piece into the mask.  Instead, I sewed 4 buttons onto the mask and then cut slits into the plastic that aligned with the buttons.  This way, when the plastic wears out, I can simply cut a new piece out and reattach.  It worked perfectly!

I attached the two end buttons about 1/2" from the seam binding and the other two buttons about 1/2" from the center pleats.  The mask and shield work just as great as before!



If you are looking for the pattern and video tutorial, click here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment