Saturday, November 6, 2021

2 Artist Trading Cards: John Howard Bawden & Mette Kathrina Pedersen

 I have been creating little ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) featuring some of my ancestors.  I began thinking about this idea a month ago and decided to create cards for my direct ancestors who have birthdays in the month of October.  

As it seems with most everything in this season, I have not had the strength, energy and/or time to hunker down and bring this idea to fruition.  Last Sunday, the last day of October, I was finally able to start.  I completed an ATC for my 2nd great-grandfather, John Howard Bawden. He is my mother's mother's grandfather.


Later this week, I began an ATC for my 2nd great-grandmother, Mette Kathrina Pedersen.  She is my father's father's grandmother.  I was not able to finish this in a single sitting.  However, I really felt the creative "itch" this morning.  I am tickled with the way it turned out, and I think I might be able to convince myself to tackle some of the "have-to's" for the day now :).


Although these look really large in the photos, they measure 2.5"x3.5" in accordance with ATC standard sizing. My current thoughts are to put all of these finished cards onto a 2-page scrapbook layout.  Who knows? I may create some for all of my first 6 generations (where photos exist).

I have 4 more to go.  Hopefully, it won't take me another month before I get one done!


No comments:

Post a Comment