Thursday, April 30, 2009

DINOSAUR ADVENTURE



I have not had a chance to think about creating anything this week. Well, that's not exactly true. I did sew a jacket for the baby. That didn't satisfy my creative needs, though. That was just something that I needed to do. Somehow, over the past 6 years since I needed a little baby jacket, mine have disappeared. KC thought I was crazy. "We're just going to wrap the baby in blankets anyway." Well, maybe he forgot that we get a LOT of wind up here, and I don't want to have to have a blanket on the baby every second. We are also planning on going camping with my family the beginning of August. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong.




Besides that, I haven't had any time to do anything creative. Yesterday was scouts. I am the Wolf leader (8 year olds). One of their Faith In God requirements is to entertain younger children with songs or games they've made. So, we had a Dinosaur Adventure party for their younger siblings. Throughout the month we made different games. Yesterday they taught them to their little brothers and sisters. It was a great success. We played beanbag archery. They stamped the bags and filled them. I made the stamps out of fun foam. I thought they worked really well. We played Dino Golf. This is played using a container and beans or other small objects. The idea is to see how many objects you can get in the hole. It is a really easy game, but the kids like it. We also played 4 corners using dinosaur names. We had a dino egg hunt. Chocolate eggs were the treasure. We decorated cookies, played tag, and also played a version of statue or musical freeze. When the music stopped, they all had to pose like a dinosaur. The kids had a BLAST. I'm glad it's over. Here are some pics of the things we made for it:







After scouts, I went visiting teaching. I'm glad yesterday is over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment