Sunday, March 21, 2010

Little Tidbits

I'm not sure where the time keeps going. Life has been flying by lately. I was on the food committee for the recent Stake Relief Society activity, and I had the privilege of decorating a cake. I haven't done that for so long. It was really fun. Here's what mine looked like before it disappeared:



Besides cakes, I finally got my card done for our card club, but I haven't taken a picture of it yet. I have been so busy.

I haven't had a lot of free time lately. Do you ever feel like you go through cycles where you have more you time and then phases when you don't have any? Well, I am in the latter right now. What little time I have had, I've got sucked into genealogy. I have always loved genealogy. I don't really have anything to show for it. I am actually working on a surprise for Christmas.

As I am unwinding right before bed, I have been perusing a book called, "Hidden Utah." It is a treasure trove of ideas of places to see. I have started a list. I want to take my children to SO many that are within an hour of here. We could all use a little more culture, history, and learning in our lives.

This summer, I am looking forward to taking my children letterboxing, visiting lots of cemeteries and making tombstone rubbings, and getting to know more about the amazing history our state has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment