Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Crochet dish scrubbies

I am so excited! For Christmas I made my Mom a simple dish scrubby (nothing cute-sorry Mom). Since then I came across mooglyblog.com's flower crochet dish scrubby pattern. It is adorable! I had to make it, and I had a ball of nylon netting I needed to use up for the Stash Buster Challenge along with some cotton yarn. I am very pleased with the outcome. After I got done with that flower scrubby, I had to design my own! I really like it. Now for the pattern: In magic circle, SC 10 and join with a SL into first stitch. Row 1- Ch 1 and SC in same stitch. 2 SC in each of remaining st. Join. (20 st). Row 2- Ch 1 and SC in same st. 2 SC in next stitch. *SC in next 2 st then 2 SC in next stitch.* Repeat until end. Join.(30) Row 3- Ch 1 and SC in same st. *SC in next st., 2 SC in next.* Repeat until end. Join. (40 st). Row 4- Ch 3 (counts as first DC). 2 DC in same st. *Remove hook and insert into first of three DC and the last one (loop). Pull through. Ch 1. Skip one sc and do 3 DC in next sc. Repeat from * to the end. Join. I ended up with one extra space. Terrible of me, but I left it. Join. Row 5- Ch 1 and SC in same st. SC in next 2 st. 2 SC in next. *SC in next 3 st. 2 SC in next. Repeat from * to end. Join. Row 6- Ch 3 and skip 1 sc. SL in next sc. Repeat until end. join. Hanger- Ch 30 and SL into stitch at base. *Ch 3, skip 1 Ch and SL into next Ch. Repeat from*. Join with SL and fasten off. Scrubby: Magic circle- 10 SC and join. Row 1- Ch 1 and SC in same stitch. 2 SC in each remaining st. join. Row 2- Ch 3 (counts as DC). FPDC in same st. *1 DC in next st. 2 FPDC in next st. Repeat from * to end. Join. Fasten off. Attaching scrubby to dishcloth: I centered my scrubby into the center of the wrong side of the dishcloth. Using my yarn, I did a running stitch around coming up and back down around the single Double Crochet stitches. This accentuated the uneven texture created by the FPDC even more. Hope this makes sense! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment