Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My New Winter Hat!

Hello! Hello!  OK.  So, I know winter is more than half over, but I wanted to make myself a new hat.  I pulled out my scrap skeins and my crochet hook.  This took me awhile, because I didn't follow a pattern.  I just made it up as I went.  Sorry, I won't be posting directions for this one :)! 

My favorite color has always been some kind of hue of blue.  Right now it is almost a turquoise blue.  In this hat, I used several different stitches: single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, double crochet cable stitch, and a double crochet shell.

I LOVE my hat!  My husband thinks it is an old lady's hat.  He tried to explain it to me, but I still didn't get it :).  He doesn't have to wear it.  My little princess loves it, too.  She wants one just like it "except it needs to be purple and pink and have ears" is what she said (lol). 

Thanks for joining me today! Hope this inspires you to create your own work of art :) -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment