Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Star Spangled Wreath

Hello! Hello!  Here is my fourth project for our upcoming Craft 'N Mingle.  I got the inspiration for this project from the blog littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com.  She has an awesome tutorial for this project. 

I began with a 10 inch white paper wreath I cut on my Cricut.  The inside dimensions were 7 inches.  All of the stars are the same size- 3 inches (Cricut Craft Room Basic Shapes).  There are 10 craft colored stars and 6 each of the blue, red and off white.

I distressed all of the edges with Desert Sand dye ink. For the blue stars, I ran them through the Cuttlebug using CTMH's dot embossing folder.  For the red stars, I stamped a background using CTMH's Baroque Borders (S1208): an old stamp of the month set with cranberry ink.  The off white stars are stamped with a type font background stamp I have using black ink.

The cute flag is an old CTMH rubber stamp that I dug out of my daughter's stash.  I love that stamp.  I stamped it twice and cut out part of the second image to layer and give it dimension and used 3D foam tape to assemble.

I adhered EVERYTHING using CTMH's Bonding Glue Pen and Liquid Glass.

I hope you enjoy it!  If you would like to join me on June 20th and make one of your own, the cost is $10 for this project.  Just let me know :).  I'd love to help you make your own!

Thanks for stopping by :) -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment