Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wedding Explosion Box

 Hello! Hello!  I created this explosion  box for my niece as a bridal shower gift. The color combination was harder for me to work with than I thought it would be; however, I like the results :).

 There are 8 pockets inside with a tag in each for journaling or adding additional photos.  There are 12 designated spots for photos.
 These pretty little flowers were made using CTMH's Flowers For Mom (B1473) stamp set, pansy purple dye ink, cranberry dye ink, versamark ink, gold embossing powder and my heat gun. 
 I love how simple yet elegant this layer turned out.  I cut this flourish out on my Cricut using the Cindy Loo cartridge. The fun sentiment came from one of my favorite stamp sets: CTMH Your Own Kind of Wonderful (D1627).
 I was pleasantly surprised with the lacy feel of this layer!   I love how the punched border complements and accentuates the stamped images.  For this layer, I used CTMH's Flowers for Mom Stamp set (flower), Believe in Yourself C1574 (corner flourish and swirl flourish), Saddle, Cocoa, Cranberry, Barn Red dye inks, Zig Emboss  pen, and Lavender Pearl Ex powder. 

Just a note, although you can't see it in the photo, there is a purple metallic shine in the center of the flower.  I created this by coloring the center of the flower with my Zig Embossing pen, brushing the Pearl Ex over it with a paint brush, wiping off the extra powder and heat embossing it to set it.  I used this technique a lot in this box.
Just realized this photo is upside down and having a moment of, "I don't want to fix it."  I love the center layer of this box.  It really is the "icing on the cake" :).  The photo above (glittery lace border) is on two sides and the flowers shown here make up the other two sides of this layer.  I used the same technique described above with the Pearl Ex on these flowers.   For the sentiment on the center bottom shown here (upside down), I used CTMH's Happy To Be Friends Stamp Set (C1605) and Cocoa dye ink. It is simply beautiful!

My niece was so excited about her gift.  She said, "I've seen your boxes on Facebook and have really wanted one!"  Well, this one was totally customized just for her :). 

I did not identify the stamps used for the box top, so here they are: Blossom WOTG Stamp Set (leaves) stamped with New England Ivy, Flowers for Mom (techniques mentioned in post), February 2015 SOTM A Happy Hello (S1502) for the circle pendant.

Thanks for stopping by! -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment