Tuesday, July 28, 2015

American Girl Surprise Party Game!


Hello! Hello!  I am so excited to share this with you today!  My two teenage boys love to play the game CLUE.  You remember that game, don't you?  It is definitely a classic :).

Well, my little princess loves to play games, too, but this one is too much for her.  I realized one day, as she and I were partners, that it wasn't the concept of the game, but the clue sheets that were hindering her from being able to play.  She can't read all the words!

After discovering this significant clue (lol), the cogwheels began turning.  Two weeks later, my modified CLUE game had taken shape, and I just had to turn it into reality :).

Introducing American Girl Surprise Party Game! 

Of course it had to be a party, because girls love parties, right?  They don't really care about solving a mystery about who killed who, but if you say, "surprise party", they are totally into it! 

There are 8 parties in this game; 8 American Girls, and 6 gifts. The object of the game, of course, is to decide who the surprise party is for; where the party is going to be; and what her gift is.

I put matching pictures on the clue sheets and the individual cards.  After playing the game, I realized that I need to include the words, too, because not everyone who plays knows the names of all the American Girls :).

Another tip we have learned is that for this game, it helps if every player has to prove the guesser wrong if he/she can.

We have had lots of fun with this game!!

Thanks for stopping by -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment