Monday, March 11, 2013

Stash Buster #6 Crochet Book Tote

I am so excited to share this. I have been working on it for 2 weeks now. I finally finished it last night. This is my new scripture tote. I got the inspiration from Laura at http://tillietulip.blogspot.com/. I just love her daisy granny. She has a free tutorial on her blog. I put a fabric lining on the inside. It has 2 pockets, one on each end. One of them is divided into smaller pockets for pens, etc. After I finished the handle, I decided I wanted to embellish it with a matching daisy. I had to modify it, however, because I didn't want it to be a granny square. So..... DAISY EMBELLISHMENT PATTERN 1) I began with a magic circle and did 11 sc into the center. SL into top of first one. 2) With pink color, I SL into any space, *then chain 4, 2 TC (treble) in same space, chain 4, and SL into same space. 3) SL into next space and repeat from *. To finish off SL into base of first petal. Fasten off. Weave in ends. Really easy! I added a corkscrew instead of leaves. Using brown yarn, chain 32. Turn. HDC in 3rd chain, 2 HDC in each of remaining chains. Fasten off. Weave in ends. I ended up using more yarn colors than I had originally posted. Here is what is left of the colors I ended up using. Thanks for stopping!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful Dari, don't forget to link up :)

    http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/would-you-like-to-party_5.html

    ReplyDelete