Saturday, February 22, 2014

Crochet Earrings



I think I am doing pretty good with my new system.  I have posted for the last three days.  Go me!  Yesterday I took 10 minutes and finished the top pair of earrings (teal).  They are made out of cotton yarn.  To make: I used a size F crochet hook. ch 5, sl to join.  ch 1, 12 sc in center, join to top of first sc. * ch 3, skip 1 sc and sl into next. Repeat from *.  sl into base of first ch.  fasten off.  The rest is really simple.  I opened the earring and inserted around one yarn segment closing with needle nose pliers.  Then I attached the charm to the bottom of the earring using a jump ring (I think that's what it is called) by opening it up and attaching a segment of yarn and the charm to it.  Then I used needle nose pliers to close it.

The second pair (purple) is made using regular (weight 4) yarn.  Both types of earrings were made from scraps, and I can't remember what brand they are!! Honestly, I am not all that concerned about wasting precious brain cells to try to remember, either!  Anyway, using a size F crochet hook, I chained 16.  Then I sc in the second ch from hook twice, *1 sc in next, 2 sc in one after*.  Follow this pattern to end. Ch 1, turn and repeat the same pattern.  Fasten off and weave in ends.  After playing with the curlique and deciding  where the best place for the earring to be attached to (I had technical difficulties and must confess that I pulled the earrings apart a few times before I was satisfied with how they hung), I closed the loop with needle nose pliers.

I know these instructions are simple.  I hope they make sense.   These were really easy and fun to make.  If you don't understand the directions, just leave me a message, and I will try to help.  

As always, thanks for stopping by! -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment