Monday, February 24, 2014

I See Sam and Mat Puppets




Hello! Hello!  I hope that you had a wonderful weekend.  I ran away on Saturday.  It was wonderful.  I needed a break and went to the Provo LDS Temple.  I basked in the peace and beauty.  And, it was warm down in the valley (upper 50's!).  Heaven.  It instilled hope in me that this perpetual winter's end is in sight.  I think that is the one thing I miss about living down in the valley- longer springs and autumns.  Oh well.  I wouldn't trade what I have up here in the mountains for that.

My little princess is ready to read.  I have felt it for awhile.  Although we are blending sounds in preschool, we haven't began putting words together in sentences.  The class just isn't ready for that.  So, the other day, I decided to see if I could find the books that one of my sons used when he learned to read.  They are an old emergent reader series that build upon each other.  I have really been pleased with them.  Apparently, because I remembered them over all these years.  There is quite a gap between my older children and my Princess.  Anyway, they are called I See Sam.  They are now available for free at www.marriottmd.com/sam/index.html.  Well, she has had so much fun with them that I decided to give her some homework!  I created these paper bag puppet patterns.  She colored them, cut them out, glued them and then wrote Sam on the Lion puppet and Mat on the Rat/Mouse puppet.  You are free to grab yourself a copy via my website.  They are located under my Preschool Rescources Tab. As always, you are free to use them for noncommercial use.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by! -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment