Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Patriotic Apron with Crochet Flower

Hello! Hello!  I finally finished these three aprons that I started a month ago to sell on my Etsy shop.  Life has been very busy the last little while.  There are always excuses, right?  Please tell me I'm not the only one!!!

As I mentioned before, I have 3 of these available for sale.  As with all of my creations, they are created as I go meaning that during the creative process I tweak each one to modify it and it takes on a life of its own.  I have a really hard time duplicating the same thing exactly, because I always think, "Oooh.  That would be better," or, "I wonder how that would look."  The first one I made is a perfect fit for me.  That being said, I had to enlarge the next two, because I realize that not everyone is the same size as me.  Each of these aprons has a different red button in the center.  One apron has fabric ties.  One has ribbon ties.  However, they all look the same and so I posted the best picture.  (I have come to the conclusion that I need to learn how to take better pictures).

I thought I would share the crochet flower pattern with you, because it is so easy and is a very versatile embellishment. I used a size H crochet hook and medium (size 4) Simply Soft yarn.  The source is from the book Crochet Stitches: Visual Encyclopedia.

Ch 5, sl to form ring.
Ch 7 (this counts as dc & ch-4 space), *2 dc in ring, ch 4.* Repeat 5 times.
Dc in ring, sl in 3rd ch of beginning 7-ch.  Do NOT turn (should have 12 dc).
*Sl, sc, hdc, 5 dc, hdc, sc, sl* in each ch-sp around.  Fasten off.

That's it!  Hope you enjoy! -Dari

No comments:

Post a Comment